Thursday 31 January 2013

Life's Challenges-My Own Story

I woke up this morning feeling rather down, having some financial challenges and was really depressed about it. I cried and felt very frustrated about the situation. And I began to ask God questions. Just yesterday I shared a post on my facebook page on life's challenges, and this morning I am getting frustrated due to my own financial challenge. In the middle of my frustration I wondered if all those mighty men of God really do face trying times? Well in truth they all do, they appear very courageous on the pulpit, but in the privacy of their personal lives they get to trash issues with God every once in a while.
Now bearing this in mind, the next thought to consider is this: Why will God allow us to go through challenges? Why can't we have a smooth sail all our lives as children of God? Well there are many answers to these question, but the very first I will want us to bear in mind is that God uses these trials and challenges to train us and produce more of Him in us. James 1:2-4 says we should consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds, because it is designed to develop in us perseverance which works in us to produce perfection in the likeness of God. And so we are learning that these challenges are not intended by God to break us but rather make us.
In as much as I am frustrated and angry about my financial situation, yet by God's standard, it is there in my life on assignment by God to work in me and produce in me something beautiful. It is not a pleasant experience, but when I allow myself to be trained by this experience and not break in the process, then at the end it should have worked in me and produced in me something beautiful and glorious for which I will thank God and be grateful to Him. In Romans 8:18, Paul said "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." This is very similar to what James said in the book of James 1, and so that tells us that the challenges we are experiencing today is on a mission that is glorious in the long-run. Those who endure the process receive the crown, you can't run half way through the course and expect to receive the trophy for those who successfully completed the process. You are not built to break.

For more on this article click on the link http://www.thewordthatsuits.com/_item?item_id=043001

In this book titled Gleanings From the Throne of God is a beautiful message titled "The Suffering That Makes Perfect." This messages encourages us to sail through our challenges with the courage to aim for the medal that only God gives at the end of the process. In order to view and get a copy, please click on this link: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/299094


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do We Worship God

Many people feel like they should only praise God when they have received a blessing from God. Honestly, I was in that category too, so I am...