Tuesday 27 August 2013

There Is A Gift In You

Exodus 31:1-6
Then the Lord said to Moses, "See I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts - to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of craftmanship. Moreover, I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, to help him. Also I have given skill to all the craftsmen to make everything I have commanded you. 

1 Corinthians 12:4-6, 11
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. 

All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. 

I am still very sorry for the long intervals between my blog post, I pray that those who have been blessed by the word of God that is shared on this blogsite will please bear with me. The message I pray the Lord will open up our hearts to in this post is the truth of the grace of God that has blessed and helped my life for some years now.
Since the 2005, I have lost my job and stopped work and as such I stopped earning meaningful income. Initially it was a painful process for me to go through and it got so bad that at some point I contemplated committing suicide. The loss of my job affected in no small measure the finances of the family and bills where mounting with very little means of meeting up with the financial challenges of the family. My husband was doing his best but the vacuum of my non-contribution to the upkeep of the family was really obvious. I prayed and cried to God and it just felt as though God had His attention somewhere else. 
But somehow I was able to hold on to my fiber of hope in the word of God. My challenges draw me closer to my Bible, and even though I didn't feel much of God's hands to my financial rescue at that time, still He held firm to my spirit and I continued to feed on His word, believing and hoping that His words will come through for me someday. I was convinced that since my challenges had a start date, it sure had an expiry date and all that I was facing will come to an end some day. 
But as I fed fat on the word of God, I began to make discoveries of a lot of truth about God that I never knew before. The revelation of God's word that He is blessing me with is mind blowing even to me. So as I began to apply these truth, I started experiencing changes in many of the troubled areas of my life and of such area was my marital life. And then I began to want to tell people of what I have learned and tested and certified to be effective from the word of God, this was the beginning of the discovery of my gift. In wanting to share the word of God, I began to write and I discovered that I enjoyed writing and felt a form of fulfillment doing so. And God always provides easy platform for me to carry on my new found passion, He has been by my side all through. Now I have discovered my gift and I am very grateful for it. 
Everyone that is created by God has a gift. But most especially those who are true children of God have the gift of God in them. There is no one created by God that has not been endowed with a gift. There is something that God has placed in us in form of talent designed to make room for us on the earth. You have a relevance to God for a specific purpose in a specific area of life. The proportion of your gift in form of skill, ability and knowledge in determined by God, but for us men and women that God created, there is the skill, ability and knowledge that each one possess that makes him/her relevant to God. No one is created redundant or without skill, ability and knowledge. 
There are some gifted to be doctors, some others are gifted to be architects, while some are gifted to be teachers, and yet some gifted to be lawyers, but in all everyone has a gift and a place for them in God's program for the world. 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 tells us that there are different gifts, different service and different works all from the same One God. So we know for sure that we all have gifts, though different and diverse, but all from the same God. 

Proverbs 11:24-25
One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. 

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.     

When we have well understood and appreciated the truth that we all have a gift of God in us, and we know that we posses skill, ability and knowledge in a specific area of God's program for mankind, the next thing to know is what we are to do with this gift. 
When we consider the parable of Jesus in Matthew 25:14-28, the Lord spoke about the kingdom of God using the illustration of a man going on a journey and entrusting his property to his servants. The Bible said one servant was given 5 talents, while another was given 2 talents and the last was given one talent. Immediately the master embarked on his journey, the first two servants put their money to work. What I am learning here is that the gift of God in your life is meant to be put to work. Your talent, skill, ability and knowledge are meant to be put to work and not left idle or placed within you redundant. And you put that talent of yours to work by serving your gift in the form of skill, ability and knowledge to others. 
The more you serve your gift to other people, the more the gift will yield it returns to you. Solomon in Proverbs 11:24-25 says one man gives freely and gains more; so as much as you are able to give out of the gift of God in your life, the more you get in return. When you serve your gift to others, it does not stay out of your life but rather goes to work on your behalf and comes back to you multiplied. A man who has been gifted with skill, ability and knowledge as a doctor is not yet a doctor if he is unable to treat patients and make them well. He needs to put his gift to work, and when paid for services rendered, the gift and returns to him multiplied. So the more he gives of his gift to others the more he get in return and the more he withholds unduly, the more poverty stares him in the face. 
Jesus said give and it will be given back in a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over. This giving is not restricted to giving of money freely to people, but it also applies to your ability to serve your gift to others. By so doing you put your gift to work and it sure will yield it returns to you. When it comes to the issue and discuss of your skill, talent and ability, know for a truth that the more you serve others with your gift, the more it yields to you.
This principle I am also applying in my life. Like I said earlier I discovered that I have a gift of sharing with others the truth of the word of God and I am running with my gift. I didn't know anything about blogging until started pursuing the burning desire within me to share of what I learned in the word of God and without any foreknowledge of blogging, just by touring and making discoveries on the internet the Lord opened up this platform for me and the responses I have enjoyed by those who view my blog and read the messages has overwhelming. I have been so fulfilled serving my gift to others. And though I am still not earning financial returns from it, I still find the desire to write on, the comfort and encouragement the Lord has provided for many through this blog has been food for my soul. 
I will encourage you not to withhold the gift of God in your life, put it to work and it will open the doors of prosperity in your life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do We Worship God

Many people feel like they should only praise God when they have received a blessing from God. Honestly, I was in that category too, so I am...