Wednesday 1 June 2016

Money and Marriage (Going Practical)

I thank God for a beautiful day, the first day of the sixth month of the year. So many people and churches have declared positive things into the new month and I pray that positive things will manifest for us all in Jesus name.
In my last post I discussed on the issue of money and marriage as a continuation of what I had written earlier on that issue. And again today in this post I will be discussing more on it. But the twist in today’s post is that we will take a real life issue of how money is affecting a marriage and what should be the response. Below is the real life issue and my response to the query. I am sharing this so that many can learn from it and apply in their homes and marriages to the glory of God.

Issue
Aunty you keep telling me that I should keep on praying for my husband so that he can have money to take care of me and our children but the truth is that I have been praying for him and God has been answering my prayers over his life. But whenever I pray and he makes money, he does not spend it on me or the children, sincerely speaking I don’t know who or what he spends his money on, and because he knows that I am working he will always shift his responsibilities on me. I pay our children's school fees and cloth them, he buys food stuff once in a while but how far does that go in what is used up in the home. Now I am not going to waste my prayers on him, I’ll rather prayer for God to help me grow my business since I am responsible not just for my own duties but for his own too. I am tired of praying for a man who does not care about my wellbeing and that of his children. 

Response
"I am so very proud of you" is what I want to start with; the fact that you have said you prayed and God answered your prayers and blessed your husband is what I am applauding you for. Indeed I am proud of you. I won’t encourage you to stop praying just because your husband has refused to carry out his responsibilities as a husband and a father, two wrongs they say never make a right. You cannot correct a wrong thing with another wrong thing but just as a child of God that you are you will overcome any evil situation in your life with good. Love conquers all is the saying, and it is a very true saying. But your prayer point will be a little advanced than what it used to be; you have prayed and God has blessed, so you will direct that blessing to its proper use also through prayer which is the channel through which the blessing came. You can actually control your husband’s spending through prayers. Isaiah 44:26 describes God as the God who carries out the words of his servants and fulfills the predictions of his messengers; so if this is one of the natures of God, then you can be sure that if what you are praying for is in line with the will of God, then He will fulfill it and that includes how your husband utilize the blessings of God in his possession. I will advise that you pray to God to give your husband a heart that loves God and the things of God and a heart that makes him love his family well enough to make them a priority in his spending. I will also encourage you to pray that God will endow your husband with everything he needs to be a good husband and father. Since this is in line with God’s will for your marriage I am sure God will hear and answer, He will fulfill the words of your prayers and very soon you will start to see the desired positive change in your husband. I am looking forward to your testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do We Worship God

Many people feel like they should only praise God when they have received a blessing from God. Honestly, I was in that category too, so I am...