Wednesday 3 October 2018

Unity In Marriage - A Big Lesson (1)

It’s been a long time that I shared a blog and I am beginning to need you (who read this and enjoy it) to help me pray for strength. I won’t make too much promises, but I just pray the Lord will give me grace and strength to improve on my performance in Jesus name.
There is a date I will encourage you to keep in your calendar, and that date is the 1st of December 2018. For the first time, we are having to go beyond just the blog to a live audience. Let’s discuss this marriage issue life and there is a very blessed male speaker on board to discuss with us the ills of marriage from a masculine perspective and with the Holy Spirit as our very first lead. And with that said, let's go into the discussion for this post.

There is a divine revelation that we still don’t have when it comes to the issue of marriage. Marriage is not just for the provision of material things, marriage is not just for companionship, it’s a little beyond that. Marriage is not just for reproduction or the desire for physical needs, its bigger than all of these that I have just mentioned. What I have discovered marriage to be, is two people coming together to work together to achieve success in life. When you have a divine revelation of this one important focus in marriage, you will take the unity of your marriage a little bit more seriously.

Genesis 11:6
The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.

Matthew 18:19
Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Ecclesiastes 4:19
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:

Above are passages to show the very important fiber of your marriage. The very important reason among many other reasons why God instituted marriage and that import fiber, is the power of agreement. The power of unity. Unity in marriage breaks the barrier of impossibility. And no matter how successful you think you are alone, you can get better than that when there is unity of purpose and goal with your spouse and when you run that race with the one whom the Lord has designated to your life as your destiny helper.
People would always pray for destiny helpers to come their way, interestingly for those who are married the destiny helper is that one person they are married to. They have the answer to their prayers, yet they do not know it. Proverbs 18:22 says, “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord”, and then Proverbs 19:14 says, “Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.” If God does not lie and the Bible is true, then the one to help your destiny the most is the one you call husband or wife.
Now let’s analyze this together; Amos 3:3 says, “Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?” And then we read in Matthew 18:19 that if two agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for them by God in heaven (His Father and our Father). That tells me that the issue of agreement in marriage must be intentional and deliberate. The agreement won’t just happen, those involved would have to intentionally make it happen. This is because there is a goal to be achieved, success needs to be the focus of the union.
Unity in marriage just does not appear, we work for it. We get intentional about it, we make it happen. And this we do because we know that we are each other’s destiny helpers. The agreement of the husband and the wife brings about all-around success, not just in the marriage, but in every area of their lives including their financial lives. Because when they agree together speaking as one people, nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them to do. God said it, it is true, there is no doubt about it. I have tried this in my marriage and I have found it to be very true.
In the very early days of my marriage, like two months into the marriage, my husband and I draw up a list of what we wanted to have as a couple. Furnishings for our house, electronic gadgets and all. We wrote them down somewhere and hoped to thick off as we accomplish each one. About twelve years into the marriage I stumbled on that list as I was cleaning the house. We had moved houses twice in between the time the list was written and the time I eventually saw it and someway somehow, the list was moving everywhere with us and we didn’t even realize it. So I showed my husband the list in excitement when I saw it, we had accomplished all that was on the list and even grown beyond it. I was so thanking God for his faithfulness to us. But my husband wasn’t as excited as I was. In fact, he was not excited at all and I wondered why. He told me yes, we accomplished all, but did I consider the time factor? It took way longer than we anticipated. That dampened my spirit and got me thinking. But the answer was not farfetched. The Holy Spirit was quick to remind me that the years of our disagreement, those years we were married but living like separate individuals didn’t count at all. We delayed our breakthrough, it had nothing to do with God, but everything to do with us. If we agreed to make a request and then disagreed afterward before receiving our answer, who will God give the answer to? So He waits till we agree again and then He blesses us because our request was made in agreement and answer will be received in agreement.
There is so much more to discuss on this topic and so throughout this week, we will focus on the importance of unity in marriage. So until tomorrow, stay blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. Kindly send these Books to us. We will read them and teach others and introduce those Books to others. They will be very helpful for the newly married couples.
    My address given below.
    SUNIL KR.GHOSH.
    C.T.Book ROOM,
    VILL-JIARAH,
    P.O.BANPUR,
    DIST-HOOGHLY, W.B. 712 701.
    INDIA.

    ReplyDelete

Why Do We Worship God

Many people feel like they should only praise God when they have received a blessing from God. Honestly, I was in that category too, so I am...